(April 21, 2014) – The Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation (WRCF) and the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors will host a press conference on Tuesday, April 22 at 10:30 a.m. to announce a funding partnership in the amount of $1,000,000 to fund a brand new, synthetic, multi-sport field at Park View High School (Sterling, Va.).
Redskins owner Dan Snyder will speak at the press conference, as will Chairman of the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors Scott York and Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Superintendent Edgar Hatrick. Voice of the Washington Redskins Larry Michael will emcee the press conference. A full list of representatives scheduled to be in attendance is included below.
Through this grant, Park View will become the first high school on the eastern end of Loudoun County with a synthetic field, which will improve the playing conditions for high school and youth sports and increase the number of playable days on the field. Field construction is scheduled to be completed by the fall of 2015.
The WRCF has a long standing partnership with Park View and its student-athletes through its Coaches in the Classroom program. Since 2010, the Coaches in the Classroom program has provided funding to staff an Academic Athletic Advisor at the school to support student-athlete achievement and post-graduation readiness.
The funding breakdown for the partnership is as follows: $100,000 on behalf of the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation, $100,000 on behalf of the NFL Grassroots Field Grant Program and $800,000 on behalf of the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors.
Loudoun County representatives scheduled to attend the press conference include the following:
- Brenda Sheridan, Sterling District School Board Representative
- Dr. Ed Hatrick, LCPS Superintendent
- Scott York, Chairman of the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors
- Sharon Ackerman, LCPS Assistant Superintendent for Instruction
- Kevin Lewis, LCPS Assistant Superintendent for Support Services
- Les Cummings, LCPS Athletic Supervisor
- Dr. Ginger Minshew, Park View Principal
- Jason Testerman, Park View Athletic Director
- Dawn Meyer, Executive Director, Loudoun Education Foundation
- Wayde B. Byard, LCPS Public Information Officer
- Dan Christensen, Sterling Youth Soccer Association
- Kevin Keane, Upper Loudoun Youth Football League
- Robin Kidwell, Lower Loudoun Boys’ Football
- Tom Thomas, Loudoun Soccer
- Eugene Delgaudio, Sterling District Supervisor
- Ken Reid, Leesburg District Supervisor
- Buddy Rizer, Director of Loudoun Economic Development