Charlottesville, VA (Dec. 29, 2015) – The Initial Proposed 24-Region Alignment Plan for 2017-18 and 2018-19 has been posted:
[embeddoc url=”http://vivaloudoun.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/alignment-2017-19-initial-proposed-24-region-alignment-plan.pdf” height=”2480px”]
The deadline to appeal placement is Friday, January 8. Schools appealing their placement should follow the guidelines below when requesting their appeal. We will post the schedule of appeals on our website onMonday, January 11. Appeals will be heard on Wednesday, January 13 at the VHSL Office.
The appeal requests need to follow the criteria below:
- Appeal must contain full description of the request, including rationale and justification. Appropriate chairs and the Executive Director shall be copied on the appeal request.
- Appeal should include any relevant materials or data (maps, travel distances, etc.) regarding the request.
- The district/region the school is leaving should provide its position regarding the request.
- The receiving district/region should provide its positon regarding the request.
Appeals will be heard in 15 minute intervals. Below is the format of the appeals:
- Each appeal will have five (5) minutes to present their case
- Individuals speaking in support/opposition of the appeal will have five (5) minutes
- The Alignment Committee will have five (5) minutes to ask questions
- The Committee will take action once all appeals for the day have been heard
This is a reminder if you plan to attend the meeting on January 13 as either a speaker or observer, please advise Lora Bickley no later than noon on Monday, January 11.
The following appeals were tabled by the Alignment Committee on December 17. These schools should resubmit their appeals following the guidelines noted above.
- Carroll County
- Franklin County
- Hanover County for Atlee and Patrick Henry (Ashland)
- Marion Sr.