Loudoun County, Va. (August 28, 2014) – As the start of school on Tuesday, September 2, approaches, the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Department of Transportation wants parents to review the ways in which their student travels to school and the practices that will make this trip a safe one.
During the next week parents should:
- Check LCPS website for your child’s bus stop location, bus number, time for morning pickup.
- Check to see if your student is designated to walk to school. (Some walk zones may have changed.)
- Check to make sure your student knows their morning and afternoon bus number. (These numbers could be different.)
- If a student is a walker, make sure you have discussed the route the child is to take.
- If a student rides a school bus, parents should have the student at the bus stop five minutes before the scheduled time.