The theme will be, “The Power of Everyone.” Speakers will share their insights and inspire conversations about the future of education. Those attending the conference interact frequently and, in the spirit of TED, help spread ideas worth sharing.
TED(Technology, Entertainment and Design) is a global set of conferences formed to disseminate “ideas worth sharing.”
The confirmed speakers for the event include:
- Ara H. Bagdasarian, author, CEO and Co-founder of Omnilert
- Alexandra Pardo, executive director of Thurgood Marshall Academy, Washington, D.C.
- Walter Reap, school principal, Germantown Elementary School, Md.
- Christopher Bugaj, author and assistive technology trainer
- Kristen Kenney, reporter, producer, humanitarian
- Tim DiScipio, founder, ePals; technology entrepreneur
- Elia Saikaly, filmmaker, adventurer
- J. Ivy, Grammy Award-winning artist; poet‐author-actor-voice over talent‐model-photographer-song writer-mentor
TEDx was created in the spirit of TED’s mission. The program is designed to give communities, organizations and individuals the opportunity to stimulate dialogue through TED-like experiences at the local level.
The fee for this event is $50, which includes lunch, snacks/drinks and takeaway materials.
Registration for the event can be done through www.tedxashburn.com/attend. Information about the event can be found by navigating to the home page through the above link.