Ashburn, Va. (September 5, 2014) – Stone Bridge High School hosted its fifth annual student leadership retreat August 18, 2014.
More than 100 Stone Bridge student leaders attended the conference. They took part in leadership team-building activities, listened to guest speakers (including new Loudoun County Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Eric Williams) and actively began planning for the year’s school-wide quarterly initiatives.
During the morning session, students learned about leadership skills and characteristics they could implement throughout the year within their sports teams and extracurricular activities. They also learned how they could continue being leaders in college. The afternoon session was dedicated to promoting the school-wide quarterly initiatives.
Stone Bridge’s Inter-Club Council and Student Council Association planned and implemented the conference with the help and guidance of their advisors Adriana Rice and Monika Guerrero. Stone Bridge places a high premium on student leadership training with a focus on preparing emerging student leaders in various student groups.
Speakers for the event included:
- John Fletcher, Stone Bridge PTSO president
- Craig Ridley, Stone Bridge Booster Club president
- Denis McFarlane, founder and CEO of Infinitive
- Eric Williams, superintendent of Loudoun County Public Schools
- Daria Winsky, Stone Bridge alumna Class of 2012; intern at ASM Research and Accenture Federal Services Company
- Ellen Head, director of development for the Special Olympics Virginia
- Pat Brown, executive director for the Office of Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Research, Development & Acquisition; committee chairman at The Hope Open; chairman at Epsilon Zeta Boule Foundation
- Matt Wilburn, Stone Bridge principal
- Relay for Life Representatives