Loudoun County, Va. (February 27, 2015) – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:
T Tom Compton
The Redskins released the following players:
DE Stephen Bowen
DL Barry Cofield, Jr.
ABOUT THE REDSKINS: Headquartered at Redskins Park in Ashburn, Virginia, and owned by Daniel Snyder, the historic Washington Redskins Football Club has won five World Championship titles including the 1937 and 1942 National Football League Championship games, as well as Super Bowls XVII, XXII and XXVI. Founded in 1932 as the Boston Braves in Massachusetts, the team changed its name to the Redskins in 1933 and relocated to Washington, D.C., in 1937. Since then, the team has become one of the most recognizable professional sports franchises in history, featuring multiple Hall of Fame coaches, 19 members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame (with nine others who also were Redskins) and becoming the first team in the NFL with an official marching band and fight song, “Hail to the Redskins.” The Redskins have been owned by Dan Snyder since 1999, and beginning in 1997, began playing their home games at FedExField in Landover, Md.