Loudoun County, Va. (July 28, 2014) – The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors encourages residents to become actively involved in their county government. There are currently opportunities to serve on the following county and regional advisory boards, commissions and committees.
- Advisory Commission on Youth: Catoctin District representative, one Community representative
- Building Code and Appeals Board: Four representatives with background in the building industry
- Commission on Aging: Sterling District representative
- Community Services Board: Four at-large representatives
- Disability Services Board: Three at-large representatives
- Health Systems Agency of Northern Virginia: One Loudoun County representative (member must be in accordance with state regulation and the agency’s bylaws and needs to be either a consumer or a provider of health care services. Consumer members should be broadly representative of the health service area, representing the principal social, economic, and racial population of the area.) For more information, contact Amanda Logan, County Administration, 703-777-0204.
- Heritage Commission: Broad Run District representative
- Historic District Review Committee: Three at-large representatives
- Housing Advisory Board: One Economic Development Advisory Commission representative
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Resident Advisory Board: Three members (Board members must be a resident of a Housing Choice Voucher household). For more information, contact Sara Etro, Department of Family Services, 703-777-0353.
- Landfill Special Exception Review Committee: Seven at-large representatives and one landfill area resident (within 1 mile)
- Library Board of Trustees: Sterling District representative
- Loudoun Health Council: One faith community representative, one Chamber of Commerce representative, and two at-large representatives
- Towing Advisory Board (Private Property/Trespass): One citizen representative
- Volunteer Citizen Work Group: One Leesburg District and one Sterling District representative
- Water Resources Technical Advisory Committee: One at-large representative
- Zoning Ordinance Action Group: Five at-large representatives with terms to expire 9/30/14
More information about the Board of Supervisors’ appointment process, including a link to the new standard application form, is available at http://www.loudoun.gov/advisory.