Leesburg, Va (October 25, 2015) – The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors encourages residents to become actively involved in their county government. There are currently opportunities for people to serve on the following county and regional advisory boards, commissions and committees.
Board of Zoning Appeals: The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors is seeking nominees for two positions on the Board of Zoning Appeals. The vacancies consist of two alternate members for the term of November 1, 2015, through October 31, 2020.
The Board of Zoning Appeals is an appellate board, appointed by the Circuit Court, which hears requests for zoning variances, special exceptions, appeals of Zoning Administrator decisions, and other related Zoning Ordinance matters.
Applications for Board of Zoning Appeals must be submitted by close of business Wednesday, October 28, 2015.
Loudoun Water Board of Directors: The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors is seeking nominees for three positions on the Loudoun Water Board of Directors for the term of January 1, 2016, through December 31, 2019. The Board of Supervisors has expressed its desire that nominees have experience in or knowledge about one or more of the following fields: engineering, business administration, land development, public utilities, finance and water systems. Citizens who do not have specific knowledge of those areas also are encouraged to apply.
Loudoun Water is an independent agency, which provides public water and sewer service to certain parts of Loudoun County. As a not-for-profit, community-owned utility, Loudoun Water is governed by an appointed Board of Directors which sets policy for the organization and establishes rates for the services the utility provides.
Other Advisory Bodies: The Board announces vacancies on other Advisory Bodies that are open for interested citizens:
• Advisory Commission on Youth: one Broad Run District representative
• Commission on Aging: one Ashburn District representative; one Catoctin District representative
• Community Criminal Justice Board: one Ashburn District representative
• Community Policy and Management Team: two parent provider representatives; one community-based provider representative
• Community Services Board: two at-large representatives
• Disability Services Board: one at-large representatives
• Family Services Board: one at-large representatives
• Heritage Commission: one Broad Run District representative
• Housing Choice Voucher Resident Advisory Board: one at-large voting member; two at-large alternative members
• Landfill Special Exception Review Committee: seven at-large representatives and one Landfill Area Resident (within 1 mile)
• Library Board of Trustees: one Dulles District representative
• Transportation Improvement & Safety Commission: one Ashburn District representative