Loudoun County, Va. (March 16, 2015) – The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors is issuing its annual call to community nonprofit organizations for funding consideration. Funding opportunities are available to organizations that provide services to Loudoun County citizens in the following “areas of need” as approved by the Board for Fiscal Year 2016:
Health and Related Services, including:
- General Medical – provides medical services to Loudoun residents.
- Mental Health and/or Disability – provides services to Loudoun residents related to living with mental illness or disability, including counseling, referrals, transportation, and other services.
- Dental – provides dental services to Loudoun residents.
- Speech and Hearing Services- provides services for Loudoun residents related to speech and deaf or hard of hearing issues.
- Related – provides supportive services including prenatal care, infant wellness, prescription pick-up, assisted transportation, assistance with basic tasks, independent living support, and hospice services.
Hunger and Homelessness Mitigation– provides shelter and/or food pantry supply services to Loudoun residents.
Emergency Services – provides responsive services to Loudoun residents in emergency/disaster situations, domestic violence, basic services such as food, shelter, and clothing.
Administrative Services – provides administrative or clearinghouse services for other non-profit organizations in the county.
Recreation and Culture – provides recreation activities or cultural events for Loudoun residents.
The amount of funding for Fiscal Year 2016, if any, will be determined as part of the county’s adopted FY 16 budget. To be eligible for funding, organizations must be a tax-exempt private, nonprofit 501(c)3 or public sector organization and provide services in the areas outlined above. The deadline for submissions is Friday, April 3, 2015.
Any organization interested in submitting a request for funds must complete an FY 16 Nonprofit Organization Grant Application form, which is available online at www.loudoun.gov/management-financialservices. Questions about the process can be directed Megan Bourke, Budget Manager in the Department of Management and Financial Services at email@example.com or 703-777-0178.