Leesburg, VA (December 29, 2014) Loudoun County is offering five locations for residents to drop off their Christmas trees for recycling.
Residents who receive regular curbside recycling service should contact their homeowners association, Town Office, or recycling service provider for Christmas tree pick-up dates.
Whether dropping off at one of the county’s Christmas tree collection sites or at the curb, please remove all ornaments, lights, tinsel, wire, and stand. Please also remove and dispose of the tree bag.
Please note that the Christmas Tree Recycling Program is a public service for Loudoun County residents only. Each year, the county processes thousands of Christmas trees into mulch available for free to Loudoun residents.
Christmas trees will be accepted for recycling free of charge at the following locations through Monday, January 19, 2015:
• Leesburg: Loudoun County Landfill Recycling Center, 21101 Evergreen Mills Road, Leesburg, 20175
Open Mon – Sat, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Lovettsville: Game Protective Association, 16 South Berlin Pike, Lovettsville, 20180
• Purcellville: Franklin Park, 17501 Franklin Park Drive, Purcellville, 20132
Open daily 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• South Riding: Town Hall, rear parking lot next to tennis court. 43055 Center Street, South Riding, 20152
• Sterling: Claude Moore Park (use Loudoun Park Lane entrance, go to ball fields)
21544 Old Vestal’s Gap Road, Sterling, 20164
Open daily 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
More information about the program is available online at www.loudoun.gov/tree-recycling.