Leesburg, Va. (March 30, 2015) – The Town of Leesburg is proud to announce the 14th Annual Business Awards. Nominations are now being accepted for outstanding business practices as they apply in ten award categories.
Visit the Town website (www.leesburgva.gov/businessawards) for award criteria, an online nomination form and helpful hints on submitting competitive nominations. Submission deadline is Monday, April 6, 2015.
The award categories are:
- Ambassador Award – Celebrates a business or organization that promotes a positive image of Leesburg as a business location or tourist destination.
- Community Steward Award – Celebrates a business or organization that actively contributes its time, talent and resources to community improvement efforts.
- Environmental Award – Celebrates a business that leads or participates in activities that benefit the environment through its business practices and policies.
- Heritage Award – Celebrates a thriving business or organization that has made a long-term commitment to preserving the integrity and character of Leesburg’s Old & Historic District.
- Home-Based Business Award – Celebrates the owner of a unique business, operated from a residence located within Leesburg.
- Innovations Award – Celebrates a business or organization that has brought recognition to Leesburg through innovative business ventures, unique product development or other cutting edge business practices.
- New Business Award – Celebrates a new business started in 2014 that is respectful of Leesburg’s past and represents the best of the Town’s future.
- Public Art Award – Celebrates a business, organization or individual that contributes to the development of the Town’s public art program, or actively supports the arts within the Town of Leesburg.
- Veterans Affairs Award – Celebrates an individual, business or organization that supports veterans of all conflicts through the practice of exceptional citizenship and leadership.
- The George C. Marshall Award – Celebrates an individual who has demonstrated an exemplary commitment to the community above and beyond business contributions.
Eligible nominees for all categories must have the primary physical location of the company, organization or business entity within the corporate limits of the Town of Leesburg. Businesses must possess a valid Town of Leesburg business license, must be in compliance with all Town ordinances and must have been in operation for at least one year. Persons nominated for the George C. Marshall Corporate Citizen Award do not need to reside within the Town.
The nominees and award recipients will be recognized at the 13th Annual Business Awards Ceremony onWednesday, May 13, 2015, at the Tally Ho Theatre (19 West Market Street) in Historic Downtown Leesburg. For more information, please contact Mary Frye at 703-771-2700.