Loudoun County, Va. (February 18, 2015) – Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Art Supervisor Melissa Pagano-Kumpf has an “Innovative Design Challenge” for interested students.
In celebration of National Youth Art Month during March, LCPS students in grades K-12 have the opportunity to send Pagano-Kumpf a copy of an original idea for an innovative design with an original artist statement to communicate one of the following ideas:
- Design for an invention
- Game design of your choice
Design criteria to participate include:
- Since designs will not be returned, please send only a copy.
- Designs may be in black and white or color.
- Materials selected should reproduce well. Students may produce their design using markers or pencil. Designs also may be computer-generated.
- Designs should be on two-dimensional paper no larger than 18-by-24 inches.
- Please attach artist statement on a separate sheet of paper.
- Please include the student’s name, school and grade level with the design and artist statement.
Before Friday, February 27, interested students should give a copy of their original innovative design and artist statement (attached together) to their school’s art teacher.
Selected designs with artist statements may appear on LCPS webpages, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.