Charlottesville, VA (February 26, 2015) – Based on current weather forecasts for Central and Southeastern Virginia, the VHSL State “Open” Gymnastics meet scheduled for February 28 (originally scheduled for February 21), has been postponed a second time. The meet will now be conducted on Saturday, March 7, 2015 at Patriot High School following the original time schedule (see website).
It is critical that all coaches with an eligible gymnast(s) email Brad Qualls (firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com> ) and Amy Dignan (firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> ) to confirm that your gymnast(s) will (or will not) compete in the meet on March 7th. This must be done no later than Tuesday, March 3 at 9:00 AM.
Eligible competitors at next Saturday’s (March 7, 2015) meet will include the following:
1. Gymnasts who were among the top eight finishers on one or more events at their Region Meet.
2. Gymnasts who were among the top four all-around finishers at their Region Meet.
3. Gymnasts who scored a state qualifying score on an event at their Region Meet.
4. Gymnasts who were to compete as alternates on February 21 or February 28.
5. Gymnasts who were asked to serve as alternates on February 21 or February 28 but were unable to compete. For example, if the 8th place finisher on balance beam at your region meet was a scratch on the 21st or 28th, and the next available alternate was the gymnast who finished 11th, on March 7th, all of those gymnasts – 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th place – would be eligible to compete on beam.
Again, it is critical that all coaches with an eligible gymnast(s) email Mr. Qualls and Ms. Dignan no later than Tuesday, March 3 at 9:00 AM to confirm that your gymnast(s) will or will not compete in the meet on March 7th. Questions about the decision to postpone or the eligibility of participants should be directed to Joyce Sisson (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the League office.