Sterling, VA (Nov. 30, 2015) – Guilford Elementary served a record 927 people at its seventh annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner on Monday, November 23rd.
The previous record for diners was 718.
The organizations that gave to the event and the amount they gave was truly impressive.
- Reston Bible Church donated 80 pies.
- Sterling Methodist Church donated 30 turkeys.
- Park View High School donated 10 turkeys that were prepared by the gourmet foods class.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority donated servings of potatoes and gravy.
- Springhill Suites Dulles Airport assisted with the parking, which was at a premium.
- The Guilford PTA donated $200.
Free family photos were donated by Captured by Cotton.
As is always the case, former Park View Principal Ginger Minshew took tickets. (She’s temporarily serving as Guilford’s assistant principal.) Another perennial helper, Sterling School Board member Brenda Sheridan, also was in attendance.
And the neighbors came by…
Washington Redskin safety Kyshoen Jarrett, Jane Rodgers, executive director of the Redskins Charitable Foundation, and Allie Pisching, the Foundation’s director of community and charitable programs, stopped by to help.