Purcellville, Va. (November 7, 2014) – The Woodgrove Wolverines defeated the Loudoun Valley Vikings, 49-7, last Friday night. The win improves Woodgrove’s record to 7-3 and the loss drops the Vikings to 7-3.
During the victory, Woodgrove QB Billy Sheehan set a school record for career passing yards at 1,961. Woodgrove WR Dylan Mellor set career and season receiving yard records of 2,081 and 1,014, respectively.
Woodgrove got the scoring started in the first quarter on a 70-yard punt return for a TD by Dylan Mellor. In the second quarter, Billy Sheehan connected on two TD passes; one to Whalen for a 25-yard score and another to Dylan Mellor for a 23-yard score. Loudoun Valley also scored their only TD on a 25-yard pass from Warner to Malsch for 25-yards. The score at half-time was 21-7.
In the second half, it was all Woodgrove with a third Billy Sheehan TD pass to Dylan Mellor for 15-yards and 3 TD runs. Charlie Clewis had two rushing TD’s of 1 and 5 yards and Billy Sheehan added his own for a 7-yard score.
Woodgrove stat line:
- QB Billy Sheehan was 17 for 21 with 237 yards passing and 3 TD’s
- Sheehan also rushed 5 times for 37 yards and 1 TD
- RB Charlie Clewis had 17 rushing attempts for 53 yeards and 2 TD’s
- WR Dylan Mellor had 9 catches for 95 yards and 2 TD’s
- WR Matt Whalen had 2 catches for 21 yards and 1 TD