|photos courtesy Redskins Team Photographer Ned Dishman|
Ashburn (June 17, 2013) – The Washington Redskins Cheerleaders (WRC) July Youth Summer Dance and Cheer Camps enrollment is closing Wednesday, June 20. Aspiring dancers and cheerleaders at all levels, ages 7-17, can participate. Register at www.redskins.com/cheerleaders. Space is limited.
Taught by the nationally recognized WRC, camp participants will learn dance routines, improve their ballet techniques, refine their jazz skills and enhance their gymnastics stunts. They will also be taught team stunts and hip-hop routines. Awards will be given to participants for great performances, showmanship and technique.
Attendees will receive a free Redskins Youth Summer Dance and Cheer Camp T-shirt and will be taught a dance routine that could be performed at a Redskins pre-season home game in front of more than 85,000 fans during the 2013 season (weather permitting).
Redskins Youth Summer Dance and Cheer Camps:
- Stunt and Tumbling Intensive Clinic (ages 10-17) Prince George’s Sports & Learning Complex (8001 Sheriff Road, Landover, Md. 20785) Sunday, June 30
- Cheer Camp 1 (ages 10-17) Prince George’s Sports & Learning Complex (8001 Sheriff Road, Landover, Md. 20785) Saturday, July 6 through Monday, July 18
- Teen Dance Camp Week 1 (ages 12-17) FedExField WRC Dance Studio (1600 FedEx Way, Landover, Md. 20785) Tuesday, July 9 through Thursday, July 11
- Youth Dance Camp Week 2 (ages 7-11) FedExField WRC Dance Studio (1600 FedEx Way, Landover, Md. 20785) Friday, July 12 through Sunday, July 14
- Youth Dance Clinic & Performance (ages 7-17) Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center (201 West Leigh St, Richmond, Va. 23220) Thursday, Aug.1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Performance Saturday, Aug. 3 during Fan Appreciation Day T-shirt and poms included
- High School Dance Clinic & Performance (Dance Teams, Pom Squads and Dance Clubs) Flint High School (3320 Jermantown Rd., Oaktown, Va. 22124) Monday, Aug. 5 from 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Performance at 3:45 p.m.