(Oct. 8, 2013) – Do you like a good ghost story? Then you don’t want to miss Loudoun Museum’s Annual Hauntings Tours. This year’s tours will take place Friday, Oct. 25 and Saturday, Oct. 26 in Historic Downtown Leesburg.
Guides will lead the brave at heart through historic homes and businesses, as costumed storytellers relate the eerie history and ghostly tales of each site. The spirited tours last 90 minutes to two hours and leave every 15 minutes between 6 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Tours begin at the Leesburg Town Hall, located at 25 West Market Street.
With more than 250 years of history in a beautifully preserved historic downtown, Leesburg offers an abundance of paranormal activity.
“It’s a different Hauntings experience each year, as we add new locations and stories as well as relate everyone’s favorites,” said tour founder and Loudoun Museum board member Peter Kelpinski. “We scare you the good old-fashioned way: with the fine art of the well-told tale.”
Tickets are $15 online and $20 at the door. Because space is limited, people are encouraged to reserve their tickets online as soon as possible.
Tickets may be purchased at www.LeesburgHauntings.org. Online ticket sales will end Oct. 24 at midnight for Oct. 25 tours, and Oct. 25 at midnight for October 26 tours. Proceeds benefit the Loudoun Museum. Tickets are non-refundable.
Due to their historic nature, many of the buildings on the Hauntings Tours are not handicapped accessible. Tours are not recommended for children under 10 years old, and infants and strollers are not permitted.
“Leesburg is believed to have an abundance of residents who have stayed on well beyond their mortal life-time,” said Kelpinski. “Hauntings allows us to tell their stories.”
The Skinny on the Leesburg Hauntings
- Check-in for the walking tours is in the lobby of the Leesburg Town Hall at 25 West Market Street (one block west of the intersection of King and Market Street) next to the Tally Ho Theater.
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time to check in.
- Tours will leave promptly. If you miss your designated tour time, we will ask you to wait until the next tour with available spaces.
- Each tour will cover about eight blocks and last 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- The tour will end at the Loudoun Museum at 16 Loudoun Street SW. The museum is located behind the Town Hall, next to the parking garage.
- Dress for the weather. Tours continue rain or shine!
- Wear comfortable walking shoes since you’ll be on brick sidewalks and uneven terrain.
- Parking is available in the garage next to the Town Hall; please use the Loudoun Street entrance to the garage.